The challenge to ‘contend for the faith once delivered to the Saints’ (Jude 3), and ‘adorn the doctrine of God our saviour’ (Tit. 2:8) requires from us a clear commitment to our doctrinal basis of faith as a Fellowship. ‘A clear statement of Faith and commitment to evangelical truth is of central importance to us both to declare what we stand for and to differentiate us from other groups.’
A doctrinal basis could be defined as a collection of summarized statements on biblical doctrines to which a group subscribes and which guards her operations.
The doctrinal basis helps us to cross denominational and ethnic barriers and unites us in the truth of Scripture. If we are anxious to do what scripture commands, we must be careful to do so the way scripture commends, hence our doctrinal basis of faith.
NIFES is founded on fundamental Biblical truths as stated here:
The aim of NIFES shall be:
To win and disciple students for Jesus Christ.
The Objectives of NIFES are:
- To equip Christian students for evangelism especially amongst fellow students on campuses.
- To nurture Christian students through personal discipleship thereby enabling them to grow into maturity in Christ.
- To mobilize students for missions and create mission awareness amongst Christian students, Staff and associates.
- To train students in biblical leadership for godly roles in the Church and society.
- To prepare and equip Christian students towards meeting the cardinal objectives of NIFES as provided for in the Constitution.
- To promote and support Christian literary work and Christian library services.
- To do any other thing that, in the opinion of the Board of Trustees and/or Governing Council will advance the Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ.